Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What do you think of pet rats?

I know i love them. My two cuties are Penny and Nickel. I just wanted to hear about your guyses rats (sp, gr) Penny is agouti hooded, nickel is beige/ champagne with irish markingWhat do you think of pet rats?
I have 3 females that I absolutely adore.


Mallie is a silvered black berkshire and is just as rotten as she could be.


Grace is a blue point siamese (pretty uncommon) she is my beauty queen and is a total lover!


And finally I have Bella, a russian blue dumbo. She is the baby and SOOOO cute!What do you think of pet rats?
Pet rats are awesome. I remember my first ever pet rat Roro. He lived to a long old age of 7years but unfortunately i had to have him put down cos he got a tumor on his belly :(


He rarely lived in his cage. He used tio sleep on my pillow, sit on the arm of the sofa in our lounge and watch tv and come out in my pocket with me.


He got on with everyone and was like my best friend. I love rats cos hey are so intelligent. Ive had more since and they are great but not as great as my first rat Roro. :)
Rats are about the most awesome little companions ever. We live with 7 right now %26amp; we've had lots of others through the years. We often bring 1 or 2 with us when we do errands %26amp; people who aren't familar with rats are amazed @ how smart %26amp; friendly they are.





One of the funniest ';road trips'; was shortly after our rat Rene had surgery last March. We had to go to the drive-thru pharmacy to pick up some meds for Rene so of course we brought her along (it was a warm day %26amp; she was recovered enough to go for a ride). You should have seen the look on the pharmacist's face, especially after she looked @ the prescription bottle %26amp; saw that it said (rat) right after the patient name. Rene is totally recovered now btw.





Also, a few years ago we adopted 2 girls from a feeder bin %26amp; 1 of them surprised us with 5 babies a couple weeks later. I would set up a playpen for the pups on the bed %26amp; furnish it with toys, places to hide, treats %26amp; other fun things. Within a couple minutes after I placed the pups in the playpen, all 5 would climb out %26amp; wriggle under my shirt to take a nap. Every time.
i used to hate them because thats how my mother raised me but when i went to college last fall i had to take care of rats and mice. when i met them i fell in love with them that i adopted them from the school





i have 3 albino female rats. 1 blind 1 with 1blind eye and 1 with the starts of cataracts. they are 8 months old and are lab rats. I'm nor sure what actual breed they are. they are my baby girls though. they some what hate people when i got them one of them had been droped from a 3 foot mark because the kid thought it would be funny. so when i adopted them i had to do a lot of training to do but they are so smart that i have hardly any issues with them.





I have a question for you i posted a question a few days ago and it said that i need to figure out how to get my girls from chewing on the hard plastic bottom of the cage. i can not put them into a mettle cage because they have bad bad feet already because of what they and their parents were tested with. there feet curl under on to them selves and i have to keep soft carefresh beding on the cage bottom. the vet told me not to use a mettle cage. so what could i do? since they are all almost completely blind is there something that i can put on the cage to stop them from chewing it. they have like 10 chew toys in the cage but do not like to use them to much.


my mice are also albino.


horselover4life2008@yahoo.com
I Absolutely love them! They are such good pets. I have 3 males, two of which were born at my house through accidental rat birth! Two are black and they are like twins, and their names are Twister and Cyclone, I also have a new baby named Mudslide. Whom is beige, with blue/gray spots! Your rats sound really cute!
I love rats! I have 2, Jerry and Spencer. Spencer is a black hooded rat and Jerry is a dumbo rat. They are both so friendly and sweet. Jerry knows how to ';clap'; his hands and kiss, and Spencer can walk on his hind legs and kiss. Spencer also loves swimming. he has a little tub that we fill up with two inches of water and he has so much fun in there! he is just so cute!





I never really did want rats, but there is a long story behind it.





Our hamster (our first pet died) and so a few weeks later, we began looking for a new pet. My sister and I went to state fair for 4H projects and we ended up spending the night there because we had judging on two different days. We thought we'd stop at PETCO because they always have pets for adoption and there isn't one where I live. So, we went in there to see they had mice up for adoption. They also had this rat there named Cheddar. We wanted the rat, but at the same time didn't. So, we decided we did, so we asked if he came with a cage. (he was for adoption because he had surgery therefore couldn't be sold) He did not, and we could not afford one. So, we looked at the mice. We ended up adopting the 2 mice and we were so excited to bring them home. We got home only to find out my dad had already arranged to get a rat from his friend. They bought him for a snake but the snake would not eat him. So, now we had 2 mice and a gerbil that I already had, and getting a rat. We were excited because we really had wanted the rat at the pet store. The rat didn't come with a cage (obviously, he was with a snake), so we went garage sale shopping and found a huge 40 gallon aquarium and then went to the pet store to get a screen lid. The next day we got the rat and named him Spencer. He was skinny and dehydrated. You could literally see his bones. But we fed him and gave him lots of water and he was very happy. Then we found out you should have 2 rats, but Spencer seemed happy and just fine alone so we just played with him A LOT, like 2 hours every day if not more and he got tons of play time running around in my room. Just recently we were looking on craigslist for hamster cages (we bred our hamsters and were running short on cages) and saw an add for a free rat. He didn't have a name and the owner could not take care of him anymore. He came with a small cage, but we got him a better bigger one. He was a very sweet rat and is very friendly and loves to play. We tried introducing our rats, but they did not like each other so they are housed separately. They get lots of playtime though. As I said, they know tricks and their names, so they get lots of out of the cage time. They run around and come back to their names. They are so sweet! As you can probably tell now, I love rats, so yeah... good luck with your and my best wishes to you, Penny, and Nickel. (cute names by the way!)
Ooooh I loveeeee rats! The best pets ever! I love their intelligence. And their separate personalities.





My rats are Alice and Rosalie (Al 'n Rose for short haha). They are black hooded. Go to my profile to learn about them :D They are in the ';About Me'; part.





I really do LOVEEEE rats.
I love my rats!!! i have 2. Lola, she is a blue berkshire and her sister Roxy, a black berkshire. I love talking them out in our very empty spare bedroom. i have all kinds of tubes, blocks and ladders that they play in. but i sit on the floor and they prefer to use me as their personal jungle gym.
Rats make fantastic pets.





Way better than hamsters, that's for sure!





I always recomend them for beginners because they get so nice and tame. They cuddle, they play, and if you get 2, they don't need a whole lot of ';face time';.





I tell people, when you can't get a dog, get a rat.
We just got two rats today, and so far, they're great. We got two males, because they are for the most part more laid back and relaxed than females. Our dog is obsessed with them, but they pretend she doesn't exist. They are awesome! Very smart, very curious little animals.
i have 5 and i breed rats females are piper doddy and melba





males are rosco and another one i havnt named yet...he is a baby and is new








yes i love rats they are the best pets ever i have had guine pigs mice gerbils hamster rabits and ferrets...





my family agrees rats are the best!!!!!!!!!!
They are one of the smartest rodents ever and make good pets imo... My friend had one naked pikachu but it, no jokes, chewed on a live wire and you know the rest... other than that experience its was a blast to take care of and he still raises rodents to this day which is good...
:D i have four rats, two are blues(no names and are still babies), one is a white w/ a mask over it named mini! and my other is an orange curly haired rat named meep ^^ :O
I love them i used too have 2 Albino named Sammie and Sophie. I loved them too death. Yours sound so cute...adorable names.
Ugh! I bought my last rat pregnant, which was the dumbest idea everr! She ate all of the freaking babies!!
And one named, 'Ben'?
Ewwwww i spend alot of money a year keeping them out of my house. I avoid certain dogs because they look like rats.

No comments:

Post a Comment