Friday, February 12, 2010

Should i get a pet rabbit or rat? rats are very smart, rabbits chew though everything. ?

but rabbits r cute and soft, rats arent very soft and cute.Should i get a pet rabbit or rat? rats are very smart, rabbits chew though everything. ?
I beg to differ, I find rats very soft and cute. :P Sure, my rats aren't quite as soft as my plush rex rabbit, but softness isn't everything.





Really, you should be looking at what kind of space you have for the pet (Both rats and rabbits need a lot of space, most often more then what commercial cages give them). Also, what do you want out of a pet? Rats need to be kept in (at minimum) pairs, while a solo bunny can be happy on it's own. A bunny NEEDS to be spayed/neutered, even if it's kept solo, as it's so much better for it's health. Also, rats unfortunately only live 2-3 years even with the best care, and rabbits can live up to a decade (Or even more) with proper care. Where will you be in 2-3 years? What about a decade? What kind of life changes will you go through, and will you be able to commit to an animal through them?Should i get a pet rabbit or rat? rats are very smart, rabbits chew though everything. ?
Well, really it's your call. You decide. Would you prefer a soft and cute pet, or one thats not so soft and cute. But then again, do you want to have to deal with more work [rabbit] or less work [rat]? I actually think that rats are really cute and they aren't a lot of work, but most people think of them as disgusting. I don't mind the work that comes with the responsibility of the rabbit, because it's well worth it. I think you should get the rabbit but that's just me. So like I said, it's your call.
I think rats are better because how they act. They are lovable with their owners, they can do dog tricks, and rats are soft and cute(to me). IIf you pick a female they stink more that males. think rabbits are a bit harder because they need time outside the cage a lot and chew on things. They need big cages especially about the size of the rabbit. The good thing about rabbits they can be litter trained. Here, I have found a page that will help with you choice. Rat: http://www.quite.co.uk/rats/ Rabbit: http://www.rabbit.org/care/index.html
Well I dont know a lot about rats so I will tell you about rabbits.





They live 10+ years and are expensive!


They need regular yearly vet check-ups along with being spayed/neutered.


Yes they chew, you have to bunny proof the room that you let them have the run of.


They need several hours of of their large cages each day to run around and do happy bunny jumps.


The hay they eat gets everywhere.


You have to clean their litterbox everyday.


And most dont like to be held.


They dont stay small, some get to be close to 20lbs


Rabbits also, growl, grunt, kick, and bite.


If you want a cute and soft rabbit, get a stuffed one.





Read more about rabbits here: http://www.sandiegorabbits.org/






You should get Rats. Yes you have to get two. They are the sweetest pets i have ever owned. Males are more lap pets, but females are softer. I personally enjoy my male rat more. I think they are absolutely adorable. They are intelligent, they learn their names, they can sit on your shoulder with pretty much any household chores you have to do. Unfortunately they pee on you. Although my male rat now warns me before he pees so I'm working on potty training him. (Yes they can be potty trained)



Depends. Rabbits take up more space usually. They don't really like to be held but are social so you will need 2 of them from the same litter.





Rats are fun and they are usually a little more interactive. They do take up less space but still require a large cage. You need at least 2 + rats.





I have both. I like both. You could always get both ha ha.
I say Rats, but if you get a male rat it will be cuddlier and nice and lay-ed back, but if you get a female it will always be up and moving around and stuff, so if you want a lap pet you have to get a male.
Get a hamster. Cute, soft, hyper, and you only need one. Bunnies don't really like to be picked up and can really smell. Nothing bad about rats but you need two. Hamsters are less space and more fun.





But its your choice!!
RATS ! they are..... smart clean cuddly usually soft cheap easy to care for can ride on your shoulder dont smell much cute AWESOME! trust me youll be happier with rats. they have the same pros and more than rabbits and less cons
Does it have to begin with ';r'; ?





Why can't you start with ';a'; ?





(some people! - want to run before they can walk. Too impatient)
I'll say get a rabbit, they are far more cuter and loving.


My rabbit never chew through anything and loved to be held and played with.
Get a mouse. Mice are cute and soft...like a rat crossed with a rabbit only tiny.
I say get a rabbit.


I got ratbite fever (i wasn't even bitten though). Rat bite fever got me a stay at the hospital for five days, got migratory arthritus (to the point where i could barely move), the worst headaches of my life, and a fever that didn't go down for about 2 weeks. It was the worst experience of my life, and i wouldn't want anyone else to go through it ):

No comments:

Post a Comment