Friday, February 12, 2010

What size water bottle do you use for your rats?

i have to use the ones you get for rabbits as they drink so muchWhat size water bottle do you use for your rats?
I have 1 rabbit sized one and 3 small ones attached to their cage (I have 4 rats). If I am around I don't fill them all up all the time but it is really convenient if I know I am not going to be able to mess with them much for a couple of days (ie going out of town) because they DO drink a lot.What size water bottle do you use for your rats?
i use Ferplast Sippy bottles in 2 cages:


http://www.redmap.co.uk/ferretsabout/acatalog/ferplast_Sippy_Water_Bottles.html





and Classic Crystal Delux Bunny bottles in another 3 cages:


http://www.lamp-post.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CH1621








rats drink more than any other small animal so the bigger the better really, but obviously it has to be cleaned daily as water goes stale
I have a small water bottle that goes to a little blue house in their cage, and a 16 ounce big water bottle. keeping both filled regularly helps stop them fighting over drinking, and keeps them from getting dehydrated. sometimes if they are out of water and are real thirsty i also put a water bowl in there so that all three can drink at once.
i don't have a pair of rats but i would use this,


http://www.petsathome.com/find/category-鈥?/a>


My 2 guinea pigs and my rabbits used this one also my hamster uses the small version and i know my friend who uses this one who has a pair of rats,
I use a 'Super Pet Flat-Bac' water bottle. It works great! It doesn't drip (only for the first few mins.) and it has a little rubber duck that floats arround to show you the water level. I dont think the size matters. It all depends on what you think. Here is a link:


http://www.petguys.com/-045125619330.htm鈥?/a>
The one I use is about 150ml. That is attached to the side of the cage. Then I have a tiny ceramic dish/bowl that was originally for sauce that I also fill up every morning. He likes to splash it around a bit but also drinks from this. I refil them everyday but if I didn't it would probably last 2 full days.
I have 4 male rats and this is the one I use:





http://www.strictlypetsupplies.com/_0767鈥?/a>





I have to refill it every other day.
i have a rabbit sized one and a hamster sized one, i always have two for the cage just in case one breaks or something like that.
For 14 rats we have 5 medium sized water bottles.
a median, i would'nt recommend the small because you constitly need to be changing it.
buy 2 medium size ones

No comments:

Post a Comment