Sunday, February 7, 2010

Looking for info on Natal rats from people who raise or own them I know all about rats but Natals are unique.?

My Natal, or ASF, was abused. I got her at six months and was told she escaped and had given birth to 3 babies. Later I noticed a lump in her tail, Indicating injury and she lost a toe as well. She hates humans and bites but I know I give her a good home and do not begrudge her dislike. I love her no matter what. Her name is Kee.Looking for info on Natal rats from people who raise or own them I know all about rats but Natals are unique.?
What do you need to know?





Natal rats are not nearly as domesticated as Norwegian Rats (normal pet rats). Most of them act the same way yours does. They are usually not very affectionate or cuddly like regular pet rats. They are a completely different species.





Natals are very skittish and are supposed to be kept in groups of at least three or more of the same sex. If your rat is by herself, that might explain why she is especially flighty.





Don't ever expect your rat to be a big friendly mush like R. Norvegicus. They are simply not the same.





Please let me know if you have other questions about Natal rats.

No comments:

Post a Comment