Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I have two pet rats and I want to let them run around. ?

I've always had females before and not had a problem with socializing them and letting them run around. But the two males I have now are skittish and if I let them out they just go hide and chew on wires. I don't know what to do. I have two pet rats and I want to let them run around. ?
I'm configuring my hall closet and hallway passage for a free roam area. There is enough room to keep both of them in sight and within catching range, while allowing them to possibly get up to a full speed run.


There are no cords to chew, no furniture to hide under and the openings are fairly easy to block with spare cardboard pieces, as long as they can't chew through faster than I stop them.


I'll let them dig in my dirty work clothes, 'cause they'll be washed anyway. Plus, adding a few boxes with stuff to find might keep them (hopefully) occupied.I have two pet rats and I want to let them run around. ?
well if they hide like in small corners and the problem with biting wires,


you might like to get on of the running/exercise balls for rodents


they can run around without any of those problems


you can find those in any pet store and they come in various sizes
take them out in a room and close the door. get a wheel or two. or make some kind of pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment