Sunday, February 7, 2010

Can Rats live happily with Guinea Pigs or Rabbits?

I have a male rat who is huge. He is the biggest rattie I have ever had. He was a gift, but when I tried to sociallize him with my other boys things didn't work out so well. Believe me I tried for weeks. Every trick I read or could think of. Since he is so big do you think he might like a guinea pig friend? He is super friendly and handleable. He likes to snuggle. He just likes to bully rats who are smaller than him. Any thoughts or ideas?Can Rats live happily with Guinea Pigs or Rabbits?
A rat cannot be housed with either a guinea pig or a rabbit. To do so would be inviting disaster.





There are people that house guinea pigs with rabbits, but this also is a bad idea. Due to dietary needs, the pig will end up malnourished. The pig can also be severely injured by kicks from the rabbit.





Maybe try to find your rattie a bigger buddy?Can Rats live happily with Guinea Pigs or Rabbits?
N O





Rabbits and guinea pigs can live together but rats cannot live with either one. the Rat will be attacked by the larger rodents
They could be friends, but not in the same cage as they have different dietary needs.
Absolutely not. They are different species, therefore need different cages and enviorments.

No comments:

Post a Comment