Wednesday, February 10, 2010

One of my rats keeps sneezing?

She doesn't have any other symptoms, no red nose or eyes, her breathing is fine and she's not losing weight or anything. Now and again she starts sneezing for a long time, it might be a cold but i don't know :S How can i help her stop sneezing?One of my rats keeps sneezing?
She will be fine. I've been breeding rats for 7yrs and they all sneeze the only time I ever lost one that had sneezing as a symptom he had many other different signs of illness as well and it was easy to tell. If you have a way to get to the pet store or feed store you can get Terramycin which is an antibiotic I use for all of my smaller animals(dogs, rabbits, cats, rats, mice, etc). it works really well.





There are also things available at pet stores that I see all the time like these. I haven't tried them but I'd imagine they could help a little:


http://www.petco.com/product/8189/Marsha鈥?/a>


http://www.petco.com/product/106421/PetA鈥?/a>One of my rats keeps sneezing?
Rats are unfortunately very prone to respiratory infections, so this could be a mild one. It could also be due to stress, an unclean or poorly ventilated cage, or irritants in the air such as cooking or cleaning product smells, incense, or cigarette smoke. If the air is clean and her cage is being cleaned frequently enough and she is not being kept in and aquarium it could be either stress (if she is alone you may want to get her a friend, rats do MUCH better in pairs), or a mild respiratory infection in which case she should be taken to a vet for some antibiotics. I hope she feels better soon, good luck!
  • tiny myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment