Friday, February 5, 2010

Do you think my rats would put out or tear a fleece blanket at the bottom of the cage?10 points?

cause i was going to put a fleece blanket at the bottom since they are litter trained and do oyu think they will tear or put it out?





10 pointsDo you think my rats would put out or tear a fleece blanket at the bottom of the cage?10 points?
I have fleece in two different cages, my girls have a few little holes here and there but my boys chew the corners and they sometimes bunch it all up and go under it and sleep. Fleece is a great thing for rats, a lot less messy! i'd make two liners for each cage though so you can swap them when washing. i also put in a cat litter tray with Finacard or 100% paper cat litter (it has to be 100% paper as the ';paper based'; ones have clay in them) as mine love to dig and that seems to help them stop 'digging' the fleeceDo you think my rats would put out or tear a fleece blanket at the bottom of the cage?10 points?
It depends on:





What kind of cage it is.


If you have chewers.


How you attach the fleece.





I've actually gotten to the point where I can get my kids NOT to chew on the fleece lining in my FN by adjusting how I attach it and providing more chew toys.





Good luck, though!!
I have three rats in each cage and two cages. I use sheets and blankets on the bottom. One cage always chews and rips the bottom up, the other leaves it perfectly alone. It really depends on the rats :)
yeah i think it depends on the rat to be honest. Some like to chew little holes and others dont bother. I would put it in anyway (if you dont mind spending the money on it) or find another suitable piece and try that first.
yes, they will probably chew holes in it. That's just what they do. haha. I spent ten bucks on a hammock for their cage, and they have chewed little holes all over it. It's a rat thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment