Friday, February 5, 2010

I have two rats and am looking for another would a feeder rat fight with my rars?

okay i whant to save an animals life so i desided i would want a feeder rat but would they fight with my rats and can u tame themI have two rats and am looking for another would a feeder rat fight with my rars?
If you gradually introduce them, they should be okay. Expecially if you got a young feeder rat. And yes, feeder rats can be tamed. They are really no different from the rats you have, only they were more lucky. They need a bit of human socialization, but they make perfect pets.





Get the same gender. If you have males, they can usually be more aggresive then females, but in my experience, they weren't aggressive at all. It depends on your rats, and you as an owner would have to make the call.





EDIT:





I've owned several feeder rats and I don't agree at all that they have poor temperaments. What I don't suggest it getting a rat from a petstore like petsmart. They are from stock breeders and have no socialization. If you get a young feeder rat, they are outstanding. I am currently hand raising one and he is a doll. I've owned several others before, ones that were a few months old, and they were just the same temperament wise as any others i've owned.I have two rats and am looking for another would a feeder rat fight with my rars?
I baught all my rats from PetSmart.


I dont agree with it, but I did.


pet stores buy them from places like puppy mills. where they breed a certain animal in abundance so they can keep selling. they dont care about the health just the looks.





also buying feeder rats are kinda the same way. they dont care about the health or the looks in this case, because they are just going to be eatten. so the rat could end up imbred/retarded. ill tempered.... all because its just going to be eatten. which isnt good for the creature that eats them. because if they get an ill rat, there's a chance the preditor(PET) can get sick from it.


They also arent bred for their temperment.. your snake or other could get seriously hurt if bitten or attacked by the rat. which makes you wonder, what would this feeder rat do to you if you kept it as a pet.





your best bet is to look up animals online where people dont breed them too often and they breed for health not looks.





petstores are still ok. but dont go feeder rat.

No comments:

Post a Comment