Friday, February 5, 2010

When do black rats grow to adult?

PLz i need information


When do black rats grow to adult?
Um (rolls eyes, and looks around) is this a serious question? About the same time white rats do. They reach mature size around 12-18 mo. of age. They will fill out beyond that, but their frame isn't likely to increase much more.





They can be sold as food at any age, but I recommend letting a female get to a yr. and 1/2, and a male to 2 yr., if you plan to breed.





If you are considering breeding, you want stock 1 1/2-2 yr. old, to be sure they aren't carrying detrimental traits.





Is that helpful? I have kept them as pets (and given them to friends and my daughter as pets), and also raised them as feeders. I wouldn't breed a female till she is around 18 mo. old.


http://www.ratfanclub.org/repro.html





Sorry I couldn't be of more help.When do black rats grow to adult?
this is the reptile section.

No comments:

Post a Comment