Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Some questions about the room i will be keeping my rats in ...?

1 - there is a hamster in the room also, will this be a problem?


2 - can i use candles and insence sticks in the room?


3 - i have no heating in the room, will the rats mind if i give them plenty of nest material?


4 - does TV noise bother them?Some questions about the room i will be keeping my rats in ...?
1. No, this will not cause a problem. They will smell each other's scent and eventually get used to it. Just don't hold them together at the same time, they would most likely fight. You could always try introducing them to each other, but you'd have to investigate that issue online. I've never heard of hamsters and rats socializing, but it may be possible.





2. Yes, you can. The incense might be a little too much for them, though. They may be too sensitive to it. Just make sure they're not right by the candle/incense. I light candles all the time in the room my two rats are in and they're perfectly fine.





3. Rats generally need to be in a warm room. Warmer than most people may think. A rat's body temperature is much warmer than ours, and they need to be kept warmer than we do. I suppose if you supply them with blankets and such to keep them warm they may be fine, but keep in mind that they are very active. So whenever they come out of their warm blanket it may be too cold in the room for them.





4. No, it doesn't. My two rats are in a room with a T.V. and they are not bothered at all. They sleep right through it and everything. :)





I hope some of this information was helpful. Good luck with your little rats! :)Some questions about the room i will be keeping my rats in ...?
My rats stay in my room, they don't mind the TV at all, or music they even like some music. he he.


Nah, I have a Hamster also, they'll be curious if they can get to him/her but thats all. Don't let them out at the same time.


Erm I don't think incense would be good for them, candles are fine, just don't let them run around when they are lit.


I say get a plug in heater, I have one of them and when its cold I'll put it on for an hour just to warm the room.



i keep my rats in my room, the tv doesnt bother them. i dont spray any deodrant or perfume when i am in my room, my room is cold, but my rats have plenty of bedding to keep them warm. its ok if the hamster is in the room, just as long as it cant get out
Why would you want a rat


No offence :S

No comments:

Post a Comment