Friday, February 5, 2010

Ok, so do rats give you loving attention? Do they grow attached and don't bite after a while?

Rats are definitely the most loving rodent, and actually enjoy being held and being with humans. My rats all jump up in the cage bars and hang around the cage doors wanting to come out whenever anybody comes into the room. However, to get a rat like this you have to make sure it was well-socialized when it was young, otherwise it may be shy or even aggressive and though it may grow tamer after being worked with for a while, it is better to simply start out with one that is already tame. Most pet stores don't tame their rats properly, so your best bet is to find a breeder in your area. A good list of rat breeders is the Ratster, at http://www.ratster.com





Hope that helps!Ok, so do rats give you loving attention? Do they grow attached and don't bite after a while?
I just got one yesterday hes only a few weeks i would say 8 maybe? Anyways, hes already licking my hands and nose, and he grinds his teeth when I hold him and stroke his head ( means they are happy supposedly) Ive never had any small animal like that actually show trust and love, especially that soon. I mean he goes to town licking my hands lol. Ok, so do rats give you loving attention? Do they grow attached and don't bite after a while?
Rats are one of the most loving rodents you can get. if they do bite, simply flick their nose or squeeze their paw after each time they bite you, they will soon get the picture and stop.
Yes rats will give you loving attention and will grow attatched to you and their cage mate(s).





I have NEVER been bitten by a rat :).





They are definatly brilliant pets and companions.
I had some that would actually cuddle and put her paws softly on my face. she loved attention and would come to her name. They are really great pets. I think females are a little more personable and less smelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment